October 2021 - Burningtree
The Pumpkin Ball Tournament was held on Saturday, October 16, 2021 at Burningtree Country Club in Decatur, Alabama. What a Great Day for golf. A beautiful crisp, sunny, blustery, fall day. Great Pumpkinball tournament and League Playoff. Thanks for supporting BEGA.
During the Pumpkinball Tournament the overall BEGA League Champion was determined in a separate playoff. Carl Heater (Monday), Gary Magnuson (Tuesday), Leon Godfrey (Wednesday) and Lance Morris (Saturday) each represented their leagues in the playoff. Congratulations to Gary Magnuson who won the playoff and was presented with the 2021 BEGA League Champion's trophy.
A Flt Best Ball (low three) + Pumpkin Ball
- 1st Place: Gonsewski L, Gonsewski M, Gonsewski C, O'Neal
- 2nd Place: Brooks L, Lundy, Jackson, Brooks T
- 3rd Place: Ellzey, Veith, Rush, Landingham
- 4th Place: Heater, Morris, Magnuson, Godfrey
- 1st Place: Strickland, Jones, Kirby, Hagarty
- 2nd Place: Burden, Lindley, Leith, Cousins
- 3rd Place (t): Mason M, Mason W, Kyle, Evans
- 3rd Place (t): Barr, Franks, Campbell, Toney
- 1st Place (t): McKee B, McKee P, Jordan D, Jordan C
- 1st Place (t): Pastizzo, Blanco, Lundstrom, Young
- 1st Place (t): Blind Draw, Weinberg, Vicunna, Senn
- 4th Place (t): Nafus, Fowler, Dickey D, Dickey C
- 4th Place (t): Davis, Shadrick, Morris R, Morris B
- 1st Place: Henry, Mason B, Ritch, Street
This is a 4 Person BB Team Handicap (75% of individual Handicap) tournament with the Pumpkin Ball. Teams will be ranked in order of Net score, and then divided into flights for determination of flight winners and prize awards.
USGA Rules will apply. All BEGA Local Rules apply.
Each Team Member will play their ball until holed out. The gross scores for each player will be entered on the scorecard. The team’s three lowest net scores will be used for a score on each hole. In addition the Teams Pumpkin Ball score will be used as the third score for the BB.
Each team will be provided with a Pumpkin Ball. This ball will be rotated from Player to Player in the order the team establishes on the first tee. This rotation will continue through the 18 holes played, provided the ball isn’t lost. Once the ball is lost the score for the Pumpkin Ball is stopped. In addition the player losing the PB will take the appropriate penalty strokes, will replace it with another ball for the BB part of the tourney and complete the hole.
The Pumpkin Ball is scored as part of the Teams BB score (three lowest net scores and the pumpkin ball score) and additionally as the Pumpkin Ball Score.